Kiski Area Academic Eligibility Guidelines
End of a Grading Period - Reports are run after grades have been uploaded and posted for the nine weeks. Students receiving a 59.449% GPA or lower will be ineligible for 15 school days. ALL rostered athletes will receive a print out of their current grades to review.
Weekly Eligibility - Grades will be uploaded on Saturday. Reports will be run on Monday mornings. Students are either on Probation or Ineligible that Monday thru Saturday. ALL rostered athletes will receive a weekly print out of their current grades to review. (See below for weekly eligibility requirements.)
A student who is on Academic Eligibility Probation must complete the following:
- The student must complete an Academic Eligibility Probation Form and turn it into the Athletic Office by Friday of that week (or the last day of the week if school is not in session on Friday).
- To complete the Academic Eligibility Form, students must meet with the failing class teacher during tutoring hours (if offered in the morning), during class (if no tutoring hours are offered), or must attend gym makeup (if failing gym). The failing class teacher must sign the form verifying the meeting, and may write down missed assignments or comments for improvement.
- The student must email his/her teacher of the class he/she is failing and request what he/she can do to improve their grades. This must be completed by Friday of that week (or the last day of the week if school is not in session on Friday). The student must also include on that email, his/her Coach and the Athletic Secretary, Jen - email@example.com
Athletic Probation Forms and/or Emails Requests to their teachers MUST be completed no later than 8:00 am on Friday morning. If a student on Academic Eligibility Probation fails to complete the form correctly, or fails to email his/her teacher(s) on time, or falsifies any information, then that student will be assigned a study table after school, and will become ineligible for the following week.
A student who is Academically Ineligible must complete the following:
- The student must complete a two hour study table after school on either Tuesday or Thursday, or they will become ineligible the following week also. If the student fails to complete an assigned study table, they will be assigned another study table.
- The student may practice, however he/she is not permitted to participate in their sport, including: not be in uniform, not on the bench area, no early dismissal, or unable to travel with the team to away games. They may attend the event as a spectator.